Sunday, April 3, 2011

The team work that happens is just amamzing

Today this is just a great big thank you to everyone who works together across the pages of face book coming together to save the lives of shelter animals everywhere. I happen to live in southern Calif. so I get to see this end of it but I am  also aware it goes on everywhere. It is truly a wonderful sight to see happen when it starts out and gains momentum to finally heading to a shelter to save countless lives. Lives that would  have never been saved several years ago if a multitude of things didn't come together and make the internet, facebook etc. and are saved on a daily basis for all those reasons plus a respect, love and outpouring of kindness of strangers who would have not come together otherwise on this level to save as many animals as they have.
The other day I was asked why I did this, when you could go get something different. Well not really because I take care of my grandmother who at times is impossible I have to do things for her at the last minute and I was injured on the job both hands and got no money for being injured. I have never been released to do a job as I once could nor can I ever again. I do not collect an money from SSI. I need to do something meaningful in my life felines have always played a huge part since I was 2 years old in my life. Then I read  on the page of Allyson about Allyson this is what it said  "My news years wish is that maybe my transporting picture's will help... get the word out there that transporting is an amazing exeperience... and is a big part to helping rescue's save cats and dogs!!"


Had I never stumble across her page or read that in her info I would never have started doing what I do now, transporting. What happened was one random act of kindness on my part asked by someone else for me to do, safely get a kitten out of Orange who was about to be killed in a day or two. Now one rescue a raining night has turned into many rescues for felines and the people who work tireless daily to save them.


I witnessed today puppies popping like felines had been doing over the past week, and again how a tight knit huge network of individuals devoted to saving lives put the word out with an urgency and how it might take 5 minutes or an hour or so but how it all comes together with a happy ending saving many lives that have just started that won't end in a shelter at the hands of death...
God bless all of you who never sleep, who will never get rich doing this, but do it because it's the right thing to do, to love, care and respect all living creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment